- Salary: Undisclosed
- Location: Singapore - South
- Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Min. Education Level: Degree
- Field of Study: Not Applicable
- Years of Experience: 8
- Skills: Good CRM knowledge is required
- Develop plans and strategies for soliciting major and special gifts from parents of students and alumni, including the establishment of a Parents’ Fund.
- Develop and implement a parents’ communication framework that enable senior University administrators to keep in touch with parents.
- Assist the Associate Director of Advancement in planning and executing parents fund campaign, prospecting, developing proposals and solicitation strategies targeted at parents.
- Conduct research and maintain/update information on prominent parents and surface these through the prospect management process.
- Manage parent, alumni and advancement events, as assigned.
- Identify segments of the alumni population who will be targeted for gifts. Develop strategy to cultivate, solicit, and steward target population. Strategies may include direct mail, email and Web communications, phone, and personal solicitations. The successful candidate must be comfortable approaching alumni for support.
- Analyze giving trends for target segments. Set specific annual donor and financial goals for fundraising initiatives, including the renewal and upgrading of existing giving programmes, and identification and acquisition of new donors.
- Develop letters, brochures, stewardship materials and other materials needed to support these activities.
- Participate in planning and implementation of overarching Alumni giving strategies.
- In collaboration with other Alumni Fund staff, develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of current and prospective annual leadership donors. Analyze giving trends for the alumni donors to develop Alumni Fund donor recognition levels, and additional donors with the capacity to give at these levels.
- Develop and implement an Annual Giving Programme which is tailored to the needs of SMU and handles the everyday “nuts and bolts” aspects of the majority of components of the Annual Giving program, including the responsibility of developing and processing major direct mail solicitations.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team members in the office to implement annual giving option across appropriate alumni giving programme.
- Serve as an active alumni prospect identifier, moving alumni donors through the donor pyramid into the next giving level. Make creative connections between and among people, events, programs, and their associated circles.
- Work with volunteers (alumni and students) on campaigns relating to Annual Giving, coordinate efforts with the Senior Class gift officer to create the appropriate giving message tailored for the different alumni segments.
- Ensure proper reporting and stewardship of funds raised by working closely with the stewardship team.
- Degree with at least 8 years of working experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in all circumstances.
- Self-starter, mature and able to work independently, at the same time, an effective team-player.
- Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Experience in account/event management, relationship building roles and able to communicate and work with internal and external senior stakeholders.
- Good CRM knowledge is required.